Trending News Tuesday, Oct 6, 2020: new Covid cases, mandatory masks at Liquor Store starts Thursday, Edinburgh Drive closure, some High School sports are on again, UNB Winter classes will be same as Fall
~ Today's Weather: Cold morning, then sunny with late day clouds. Above-normal high temperature today is 18.
~ Moncton Traffic Headsup: Edinburgh Drive CLOSED between Salisbury Rd and Baig Blvd until Oct 23. They're working on the CN rail crossing. If you're driving on Edinburg towards Salisbury Rd, you'll be detoured onto Baig towards the traffic circle. Also, they're not planning on putting up detour signs because that might confuse people at the traffic circle.
~ Latest on Covid: Headsup! If you're going to the Liquor Store, you have to wear a mask starting Oct 8th (Thursday). The Province said masks COULD be mandatory in NB as soon as October 8th, but that's the last we've heard on it. #WaitToSee
*NB reported two new cases yesterday...
1) one was somebody in their 20s in the Moncton region. That's related to international travel; the person is self-isolating.
2) The other case is someone in their 60s in the Saint John region and that one is related to travel outside the Atlantic bubble. That person is also self-isolating.
We have a total of five cases in the province.
3) Also, a person travelling internationally has tested positive...
they were on Air Canada flight 0992 from Mexico City to Toronto Sept 29th, then on Air Canada 8910 from Toronto to Moncton on Sept 30th.
If you were on that flight, self-monitor for 14 days. If you get symptoms, self-isolate and call 811.
*Covid Exposure Flight Tracker: (https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice/exposure-flights-cruise-ships-mass-gatherings.html)
~ It's Looking Good for High School Basketball and Hockey this year: (https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/high-school-sports-1.5749969?cmp=rss)
A lot of High School Sports were extremely modified or completely canceled because of Covid, but it's looking like High School Basketball and Hockey could get a normal season in. The NBIAA is in charge of all that... they've submitted a return-to-play plan to the Province that would even include playoffs and even Provincials maybe, which most High School sports haven't had a chance at so far.
* with this plan, High School Hockey teams would play in exhibition games in their own conference at first, then League Games by Nov 10th, then regional games in December.
* High School Basketball would be kind of the same timeline... Conference Games by Nov 10... regionals in December.
If it all goes well, Playoffs for Hockey and BBall would be in February.
~ Fire Prevention Week: a good time to remind the whole family to be mindful and fire safe around your home.
Fire Prevention Week runs from October 4-10. Stay tuned for fire safety tips and activities this week. pic.twitter.com/v93F67w42H— Riverview Fire (@RFDFPrev) October 5, 2020
~ Halloween in NB (first published Mon Oct 5th):
NB Dept of Health has a bunch of Halloween guidelines for CoronaWeen©...
- Indoor and Outdoor Halloween celebrations are allowed but the max number of people is 50 and you should keep track of names and contact info.
- Not everyone should do Halloween (if you have medical issues or a weakened immune system you should skip the shenanigans.)
- If you're doing Halloween, you should wear a face mask, not a costume mask.
- Keep the trick-or-treating to one neighborhood and keep track of where you went... using the Covid Alert app is a good idea
- If your kids go trick-or-treating, they should avoid anyone who is high-risk for "several days" after Halloween
- If someone at your place is in a high risk group, put out a sign that says something like "Happy Halloween: No Visitors Please.”
(Some specific advice for handing out treats:)
- It would be good to hand out things that aren't food to trick-or-treaters... like stickers, or books, or little toys.
- Sanitize your hands before touching treats.
- No home-made treats.
- Don't let kids take candy from a bowl unless the treats are spread out so that kids only touch the treat they're taking. Do up individual treat bags maybe!
- Disinfect any high touch areas.
* NB Covid Halloween guidelines: (https://www2.gnb.ca/content/dam/gnb/Departments/h-s/pdf/halloween_safety_COVID_FINAL_EN.pdf)
** Halloween safety: (https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/home-safety/halloween-safety.html)
*** Quick Thanksgiving and Halloween primer from the Province: (HERE)
~ Note from City: Moncton water bills will be out soon... the City is encouraging us all to register for an online account (myaccount.moncton.ca)... not only can you pay your water bill online, you can also track water usage and sign up for leak alerts. In a time of Covid, paying bills online is a less germy alternative.
~ Q League Hockey: Wildcats are in Halifax on Friday night. (https://theqmjhl.ca/gamecentre/28071/preview)
~ Missing 16-year-old boy (http://rcmp-grc.ca/78695): Aiden James Stillman is five foot seven, 125 pounds, light brown hair, brown eyes, last seen on Fri Oct 2 at around 10:30p on Snow Avenue in Moncton. If you have info please call RCMP: 506-857-2400
~ Missing 39-year-old man from Riverview (http://rcmp-grc.ca/78691) Christopher John Levison is five foot ten, 200 pounds, dark green eyes, short dark brown hair and a scruffy beard, several sleeve tattoos on both arms... last on Sept 29 at an apartment on Pine Glen Road in Riverview. If you have info please call RCMP: 506-857-2400.
~ Sports 🏒⚾🏈🏀: All major sport scores: HERE
~ Gas: ⛽EUB current prices HERE, ⛽Gas Buddy Price Comparison HERE, ⛽Gas Expert (local) HERE, ⛽Gas expert (intl) HERE
~ Lotto: Atlantic Lotto Winning Numbers HERE
🤠Contact🤠©Scotty and Tony Show on Stingray™