*Update Oct 14* Operational changes for schools in the Covid Orange Alert Phase: #Masks #Extracurriculars
Moncton and area Schools that are in Orange Covid Alert have some operational changes...
* Note on symptoms:
Be vigilant in this Orange Phase. If a student is experiencing symptoms like fever, cough, runny nose, headache, any of the Covid symptoms (see here), you should stay home and call 811 or click (https://www2.gnb.ca/content/gnb/en/corporate/promo/covid-19.html#symptoms)
Folks travelling between Orange and Yellow zones must self monitor and wear a mask for 14 days and must follow directives in accordance with the Mandatory Order as if they were in the orange phase. This applies to travelling professionals, supply teachers, all school personnel and students, and all employees of early learning and childcare facilities/homes and all children attending early learning and childcare facilities and homes. This also applies to families who have not traveled, but who have hosted someone from the Orange Zone.
* Public Schools:
• K-12 kids are required to wear a mask on a school bus, even when sitting with a sibling or alone.
• 9-12 kids, masks are required at all times when at school, except when they are eating. This includes when the students are outside.
• K-8 kids, masks are required at all times when at school, except when they are sitting at a desk working silently, or eating. This includes when the students are outside.
• School personnel, masks are required at all times when at school, except when they are eating. This includes when they are outside.
• K-12ers have to wear a mask during phys ed class. Appropriate activities are recommended... also not sharing equipment.
• All intramural, interscholastic and extra-curricular activities, including SISTEMA, school sports, drama, music, and any other after school activities are suspended.
• Anyone who traveled to Orange Zone but goes to school somewhere else cannot do intramurals or interscholastic/ extracurricular/ all other school activities for 14 days.
• Wind instruments and singing are not permitted in an Alert Level Orange.
• Students and school personnel who are immunocompromised should contact their health care provider for direction.
* Early Learning and Childcare Facilities:
• Kids being transported to school by early learning and childcare facilities are required to wear a mask at all times while in the vehicle.
• Kids ages 2 and up, masks are required in common areas. They are expected to bring two clean community masks with them every day.
• For after school programming, masks are required at all times, including within the classroom, in common spaces, and outdoors. Exceptions will be when they are sitting at a desk working silently, or eating. ***the doc from the school district still references sports activities but we think they made a mistake***
• For all employees of early learning and childcare facilities, masks are required at all times when at the facility, except when they are eating. This includes when employees are outside.
• Active screening for all children entering the facilities will be done. (questionnaire and temperature check.)
• Field trips are cancelled.
(see full doc HERE)
🤠Contact🤠©Scotty and Tony Show on Stingray™