Gerry from Riverview Superstore sent in a big ol’ batch of bacon-butterscotch cookies.
Here’s the recipe:
10 bacon strips
⅓ cup (75 mL) brown sugar, packed
½ cup (125 mL) Robin Hood® Oats
2 cups (500 mL) Robin Hood All Purpose Flour
1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
½ tsp (2 mL) baking soda
½ tsp (2 mL) salt
1 cup (250 mL) butter, softened
¾ cup (175 mL) Lantic Granulated Sugar
¾ cup (175 mL) brown sugar, packed
2 Naturegg™ Nature’s Best™ Eggs
1 tsp (5 mL) pure vanilla extract
1 cup (250 mL) butterscotch chips
1. Bacon: Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with foil. Place rack on top of baking sheet. Place bacon in medium bowl. Toss with ⅓ cup (75 mL) brown sugar. Arrange bacon in a single layer on rack.
2. Sprinkle any sugar left in the bowl over the bacon. Bake for 20 minutes. Turn bacon over and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes until golden. Transfer to a cutting board, let cool and chop into small pieces.
3. Cookie: Line baking sheets with Reynolds® Parchment Paper.
4. In a food processor or blender, process oats until finely ground.
5. Transfer ground oats to a medium sized bowl and stir in flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
6. In a separate bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugars until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla, beating until well combined. Add flour mixture, in small additions, until well mixed. Stir in butterscotch chips and bacon.
7. Place heaping tbsp (15 mL) of dough 2” (5 cm) apart on prepared baking sheets.
8. Bake in preheated oven 12-15 minutes, or until edges turn golden brown. For softer cookies, bake 12 minutes or for crispier cookies, bake 15 minutes.